Tuesday 18 October 2011

CP Soap progress update

So in my last couple of posts I ve been going on about making soap. Well its been about 6 weeks since i made my first batch. I love anything crafty and do have a tendency to get hooked right away, soap has been no different for me.

My first few batches were rustic looking to say the least but in the tub are actually very nice and so different from one another.


The shapes are all wobbly, not refined at all. The kind of beige soap is the first soap I ever made, the goat milk castile soap. The dark orange colored one was my first attempt at my own recipe. It looks kind of awful but is so gentle. The pale yellow one is another of my own recipes. Once you have made a few batches don't be afraid to freestyle a bit.BUT!!!!!! Always run your recipes through at least 1 or two lye calculators go to www.brambleberry.com or www.soapcalc.com

So after a month and a half of making soap on a saturday here is a picture of where I am at now




If you're interested in soap check out you tube it has a hole bunch of useful videos...enjoy




No comments: