Wednesday 26 January 2011

What I will miss

As you may have read in previous posts, I am shortly going to be going back to Chamonix, France where I have been living for the past 12 years.

I am very excited to be going home to the prospect of being able to go snow boarding on my days off, I'm looking forward to start building our new flat. I'm excited to be amongst friends again that I have missed immensely.

But there is one thing that the UK has that I sorely miss when I 'm in France. Aside from the rest of my family and friends I have had since I was a little girl, the UK, no matter which town or city you visit, has a wealth of second hand, charity,thrift shops and they are so much fun to trawl around. I spend hours sifting though the treasures that you can find in them, from books to buttons, clothes to cottons.

For the past few years as I have been going back and forth to and from France and the UK I have bought only a handful of new clothes, most of my wardrobe now consists of items I have found in second hand shops. I even use some fabrics I find there in my creative projects.

I can't wait to go home but in the same breath I can't wait to be coming back to do the second hand shop circuit.

No comments: