Wednesday 19 January 2011

I'M GOING HOME!

view from our old apt in chamonix

So for those of you that know me outside of the cyber world will know that for the past two years I have been living out of a rucksack. Not the fun "i'm off traveling round the world" type ruck suck but more the "I really can't be bothered to load three bags of clothes into the van AGAIN" type bag.

My husband and I have been backwards and forwardsing between Chamonix France ( where we live) and Cornwall England for work. My husband is a carpenter and on the promise of building a bespoke house in a very special location, here we are in the Uk.

But it has taken years of negotiations with council and neighbours to get things moving. So after leaving our home in March 2009 we are still working on a site that should have been completed in six months!

Now all you creative readers out there and Etsy followers will appreciate how difficult it is to be creative when you are not settled. How awkward it would be to have to drag around all the gubbins it takes to make what we make.  And how challenging it is to try to promote a craft and shop when you only have an Internet mobile dongle thing that is slower than a tortoise who has had all his feet amputated.

Now don't get me wrong I am not complaining ( ok well may be a little bit) But I am just so excited to be going home!!!!! We don't have a home to go back to but at least we will be in the right country. I apologise in advance if it becomes all a bit quite on the western front but we will be creating our new nest.
Our new home


This is our new pad. As you can see we still have a few things to do before we move in.

I dream of having a kitchen again and heating that heats the whole room not just the square foot in front of the electric fire. I dream of being in a surrounding that encourages creativity not freezes it. Ah the luxury of being able to make a felt scarf on a table that is longer than the scarf not the other way round.

But I know how lucky I actually am I know there are many millions of people out there a lot less fortunate than me.

I am just so excited to be going home and I thought I would share it.

No comments: