Monday 13 December 2010

ETSY EXPLAINED

Right then all you face book friends that have bothered to click on the link and who are just a little bit curious as to what this ETSY stuff is all about that I keep banging on about I will now explain everything.

I'm sure I ve tried explaining what ETSY is in the past but trying to do it on facebook I have always felt like i was spamming people if i wrote more that two sentances.

Here I am on my very own blog and I can rant on for as long as I like, BUT I'm not going to. I m going to try and keep it quite succinct and to the point.

As most of you who know me will  know, I make jewellery and scarves and bags amongst other things. ETSY is where i try to sell my wears. But ETSY is so much more than just a place where I sell my wears. It is a huge creative community of crafters, from furniture makers and leather workers to jewellery makers and soap makers. It's like having Covent Garden, Portabello Rd and John Lewis all in the same place.

You may have a quick look and think " Ah this is just for Americans" But no there are thousands and thousands of UK and European based shops. If you prefer to shop a little closer to home you can use the "SHOP LOCAL" tool where you can specify even the town you live in to see if there are shops on your doorstep.

Now like Ebay and other multishop websites you will need to join to buy, but it couldn't be simpler.

If you love all things unique then this is the place for you to shop, go and have a browse. If you love one of a kind bits and bobs for the home, this is where you will find it. You need never fear that you have given the same gift as someone else ever again.

'It's a kinda Christmas' by sammi10



Celtic Knot Oval Soap G...
$6.50

Slouchy Beanie in Oatme...
$20.00

Gorgeous Blue Plaster A...
$18.00

Custom String Ornament ...
$12.00

Christmas Special Natur...
$36.00

Early Budding Vine Brac...
$600.00

Grey and black flower f...
$9.90

Felted Rustic Santa/Gre...
$15.00

Dark Blue and White Cro...
$10.00

Fresh Cinnamon and Peca...
$8.49

4 Piece Leaf Branch and...
$4.00

Gourds for Ornaments, S...
$12.00

One Dozen Peppermint Pe...
$9.25

Assortment of Clear Cab...
$1.25

Frills Headwrap
$17.00

Featured blow are just a selection of the cool kinds of things you might find on Etsy. If you want to look specifically at my shop click HERE

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice article. I tweeted you too.

Linda B said...

Gotta love Etsy and meeting all the people too.

Unknown said...

Great post and lovely treasury!

petitehermine said...

Pretty treasury! :) Those are some great picks. Etsy's such a wonderful place to buy unique, one of a kind items for the special people in your life.

Lbtoyos said...

Great! Thanks for include my brooch in your treasuy, lovely things here.

Sea Flower Studios said...

Next time someone asks me what Etsy is I'll direct them to read your post!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your comments and follows. Forgive me if you don't see me comment on your blogs believe me i have tried but for some reason Ican't leave comments on a lot of blogs but they are super nice all of them.