Tuesday 7 September 2010

Call to all felters!!


Right then it's been a little while hasn't it? Well it's a long story! So Im still making jewellery and since last year have been back and forth between chamonix and the Uk more times than I can count.

Currently I am back in Cornwall, and while my hubbie is busy building I have to fill my time somehow right??( See how i look for confirmation) SOOOOOOOOOO I got myself a book on felting.

I had no idea that you didn't have to knit or crochet something first that apparently is called fulling? I think. Any way My grand plan is to make some really cool beads to use in my jewellery making but while Im at it I ve always fancied having one of those trendy looking felt bags.

So this picture is of my first attempt. It looks almost like the one in the book, looking at the threads that are hanging around I would guess that perhaps i could have rubbed a bit longer? I dunno....Any one?

So calling all felters please have a look and let me know if my timing was right or a bit early.

Thanks in advance, and if any of you have a cool blog I would love to link you in and see what tips you have to offer an obvious novice.

No comments: